Tuesday 23 August 2016

Old Games Workshop Goblins

Hi Chaps,

Well it is a very unBritish 28 degrees here so forgive me for writing this in shorts whilst sipping french Lager with ice (times are hard).

Despite the inclement weather some painting has been done on some rather forgotten little figures. These little chaps came in a boxed set from over 10 years ago and painted by my eldest. So, a repaint and I have a unit of Goblins which of course I have absolutely no need for.


The shields are a work in progress though I may just leave them alone.... as I was painting this gaggle of Goblins I also finished a barricade for my Bretonnian archers, there is a second waiting paint and two more waiting to be built.


On the rules front I have been reading about the new Congo set with interest and also the Men Who Would be Kings. Exciting times as my Zombie project has come to an end. Over 100 figures and 6 vehicles painted and based. Before I pack them away for the house move I may attempt to photograph them all as proof of a project complete.

So, what to do next? I cannot go on repainting old Games Workshop figures forever (though I have just bought some more). All this heat is pointing me towards the Congo-lots of cheap plastic animals to be had and some interesting terrain could be made.....

Keep blogging Chaps.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work and the doesn't the weather play havoc with the drying time of your paints - roll on Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are so right! It seems as soon as the paint is opened it tries to dry. I agree roll on some normal weather....cool and damp.

      Delete