Tuesday 26 April 2016

Buying Lord of the Rings....15 years late!

Hi Chaps,

It was only a rare occasion that I would walk into a Games Workshop store (usually Preston Lancs) and then only to buy paints or brushes. I did my best to avoid the loud crowds of hygienically challenged youths that seemed to gather in there on Saturdays and so it seems I missed out on some nice figure sets....but never mind ebay has come to the rescue.

My eldest son did enjoy painting and playing the Lord of the Rings games but other than watch the films I was too busy with "real" wargaming to bother with it at all. This it turns out was a serious mistake! The figures are lovely and easy to paint and the scenery is useful and cheap-if you can be patient when bidding on "that" site.




Borimir and Frodo here were both 99p delivered and the tomb is from my sons collection-it has been stripped and repainted. Basing has yet to be done and I have the Fellowship (plastic version still on sprue) on the way. It goes to show that the wargaming gods do look after skint gamers! Although never planned for Games Workshop are starting to form a little collection of their own in my cabinet, I just need to keep ignoring the shop to keep it cheap!

Keep blogging Chaps.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff Solo, and good to see some LOTR minis getting some attention over a decade since they first appeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blax, they were nice to paint. GW make good figures, even 15 years ago!

      Delete
  2. They look incredible, good luck with the hunt for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, it has been fun hunting the figures down. It will take a long time to complete a collection though.

      Delete
  3. Great looking adventurers...and tomb...One brush to rule them all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't beat LotR. One of my favourite sets of figures!

    ReplyDelete