Tuesday 27 October 2015

Frostgrave, Black Powder 1/72 or 40k?

Hi Chaps,

It had to happen as I am sure it does to all gentlemen at some point or other! I have run out of steam and cannot pick up a brush...

This does happen now and again but I think I know the cause this time. I have just completed a few stands of 1/72 Medieval figures and they are too effective. This has thrown me a little as instead of plugging away at my remaining Bretonnians I have been thinking about the endless possibilities of Strelets plastic figures.

The long awaited release of 30K is almost upon us and though I am not a huge fan of Games Workshop they got Age of Sigmar spot on with the free rules and army lists. I do hope that 30K follows a similar game format because it means that a game is actually playable. If the release is just another Space Hulk type of ploy I may just leave the 40K universe behind (not that I ever invested much in it) and try Gates of Antares or Infinity...suggestions welcome.

My copy of Frostgrave arrived a few weeks ago but has hardly been opened because of those pesky damned plastics but I did complete a few treasure markers...they are a little large but hey..





Well I had better go and meditate on what to try next but Peter the Great is looking like a good candidate for some Googling. Maybe if he was interesting enough I will be inspired to build a little plastic army....resale value will be nil as I am not sure that anyone else games Black Powder in 20mm!

8 comments:

  1. Excellent markers! I think my favourite is the one with the treasure under the floorboards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul...I just wanted something a little different

      Delete
  2. Sometimes a break is as good as a rest and all that. The treasure markers are fabulous, under the floorboards is definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Michael, a week away from the paint desk may help with finding some perspective.

      Delete