Tuesday 26 February 2013

I have seen a marvel at work!

Hi,

I just had to share this amazing web page....sorry but I have no idea who this chap is except he is miniature war gaming's Einstein!

http://colonelotruth.blogspot.co.uk/

Please do yourself a favour and take a look at his webpage.

The project for March is definatley not damned War of the Roses! All this steam punk business (not to mention the Victorian ladies) is starting to grab my attention so I am revisiting my attempts to rebuild Victorian houses in 28mm. This time the foam board is sidelined in favour of plaster and moulds! The first master should be ready in a couple of days, if I can get the cheap terrain going then I will buy some figures and a rule set.

The internet is such an excellent source for inspiration so keep blogging...I need to steal your ideas.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this link. Your're right, the man is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet and blogs are very dangerous on the wallet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to our world! The Colonel is indeed an insane genius whose mastery of the rivet leaves the rest of us breathless.

    Looking forward to seeing your building project. Victorian city terrain is quite a challenge, but can look spectacular on the table.

    Dr V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doc,
    I still owe you big time. If the moulds are a success I will send you some buildings but it has been frustrating....only terraced houses and a middle class house so far. This period (once the terrain is sorted) is very interesting. Even Osprey have realised its potential!
    By the way are the rivets made of plastic rod? The only stuff I can source is hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are various ways people have done rivets

    1) plastic rod, cut very thinly then glued flat to the surface
    2) plastic rod, cut a little longer, inserted into drilled holes
    3) blobs of glue or similar, sanded down to give a flat top
    4) My personal favourite.... if you get on of those Brittas-type water filters and break it open, you'll find it full of gazillions of tiny plastic balls, 1/2 to 1mm in diameter. These can be glued into holes or slight indentations in the model, then once the glue is well and truly set sanded as above to give a flat top.

    However you do it, riveting models is insanely fiddly work, but if you've more patience than I have it can really pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Doc....if I ever get the moulds to work i will send you some houses, it just takes longer to produce than you would think!

    ReplyDelete